About the Firm
See Glenn M. Swiatek on Dateline NBC: Click Here
Experienced Shalimar Criminal Law Attorney Protects Your Rights
Dedicated defense counsel for criminal trials, appeals, and post-conviction relief in Florida
If you face serious criminal charges, you deserve serious legal help from an experienced criminal defense lawyer. At my firm, Glenn M. Swiatek, Criminal Defense Attorney, P.A., in Shalimar, I have represented Florida Panhandle residents arrested for state and federal offenses for two decades. As a seasoned criminal defense attorney, I am committed to safeguarding your rights and helping you build a strong and targeted defense. Whether you’re facing a DUI charge or exploring post-conviction options, I am determined to provide you with the highest level of legal support dedicated to upholding your rights.
Strong representation for Okaloosa County defendants
Unlike attorneys who practice in a range of areas, I focus solely on criminal defense, defending people accused of drug crimes, assault, and other offenses. In Florida, defendants seek my counsel because I am a courtroom veteran who offers:
- Big-firm experience and small-firm service — As a trial-tested advocate who truly cares about my clients, I provide each one with the skilled legal knowledge they need and the attentive approach they deserve.
- Trustworthy advice — Understanding the gravity of your situation, I carefully review the facts of your case and provide you with reliable advice on how to move forward.
- Personalized attention — The criminal justice system can be an intimidating and unforgiving place. When you retain my counsel, I move quickly to provide you with individualized attention and accessible legal support.
When your future hangs in the balance, you can’t afford to hire the wrong lawyer. I offer a free initial consultation so you can get to know me and understand your options for fighting the charges you face.
Areas of Practice
Focused criminal defense for Florida clients
For clients throughout the greater Destin metro area, my firm delivers trusted criminal defense
- Federal crimes — I am one of the few attorneys in Northwest Florida that defends clients accused of federal crimes, including many white collar crimes. I understand white collar crimes as I previously was a Financial Controller before becoming an a criminal defense attorney. I know what’s at stake if you’re convicted and will wage the strongest possible defense no matter the charge.
- DUI — Drunk driving, charged as driving under the influence, is a serious crime in Florida, where even a first offense is harshly penalized. I can challenge law enforcement’s procedures and tests to uncover flaws and improprieties.
- Drug crimes — Depending on the amount and type of drug found in your possession, you could face misdemeanor or felony charges. Penalties increase significantly for trafficking and manufacturing convictions. I will look behind the charges to uncover the circumstances leading to your arrest and seek reductions or alternative sentencing when dismissals or acquittals are not an option.
- Sex crimes — These offenses often cause reputational damage even when defendants are acquitted. I understand the sensitive nature of sex crime charges and will seek the best possible result given the facts of your case.
- Expungements — Depending on the circumstances of your case, it may be possible to have your record sealed or expunged. After assessing your case, I can determine if you are a candidate for expungement.
- Appeals — A substantial amount of my practice involves assisting clients with appeals and other post-conviction relief matters. I can review your case and determine if you meet the legal grounds to file an appeal.
- Post-conviction relief — I am one of the very few criminal defense attorneys in Northwest Florida who has experience in the filing and arguing of petitions for post-conviction relief.
- Probation — If you are accused of violating your probation, I will help you build a strategic defense.
For 20 years, I have fought passionately for the rights of Floridians accused of crimes. No matter how stacked the odds may seem against you, I am ready to use my considerable experience and knowledge to defend you.
Contact a skilled Florida criminal defense lawyer
Glenn M. Swiatek, Criminal Defense Attorney, P.A. defends clients in Northwest Florida accused of a wide range of criminal offenses and represents clients in appeals and post-conviction relief. Please call 850-659-2028 or contact my firm online
to schedule an initial consultation at my Shalimar office.